Finding a new job is a process that can be quite stressful at times. Many people choose only to go looking for a new job if they are currently unemployed. However, there are some situations in which you should look for a new job if your current job isn’t working out for you. The following are 5 signs that you should work on finding a new job even if you are currently employed:
- don’t believe in the product your company sells, then it can be difficult to be motivated in promoting that product. When you believe in what a company does, you’ll work harder for them.
You don’t like your company’s product – This can be a real issue for some people. You may love your coworkers, you may love your boss and you may be getting paid well. But if you
- You’re miserable at work – Sometimes the work environment is just bad, whether it’s because your boss treats you poorly or your coworkers treat you poorly. This is not a healthy situation to be in – you should look for a job at a company that will respect you.
- You’re not using your skills – You may have a set of skills that should be benefiting your company, but they are not being put to good use. If you’re not using the skills that you are strong in, then you’re probably doing something you’re not as good at. A new job will provide more satisfaction and job security, since you’ll be working with your strengths.
- You don’t think you have a future there – If the way up looks bleak, whether you don’t want the positions that will become available to you in the future or because there’s very little opportunity for promotion, then you should go out and look for a job that will actually advance your career.
- The company is doing poorly – If the company is failing, or your department is being threatened by a merger or acquisition, then maybe you should jump ship.
These are 5 signs that you should be finding a new job.